Back on the Wii

Posted by Rishara Saturday, January 9, 2010

Well, I finally got off my lazy holiday butt and hopped back on my Wii today.  The frisky little balance board told me it'd been 38 days since he'd last seen me--ouch!  It's amazing how quickly you can break a good habit.  In my defense, I have played some other Wii games since, such as tennis, which gives you a decent workout.  I wasn't completely sedentary...just mostly.

What did 38 days off do to me?  Not much actually.  I was surprised that I beat most of my old scores on the exercises and games.  I even tried some practice swings in golf, but those I truly stunk at.  Of course, I've never done any golfing in my life except mini golf, which hardly counts.  Better Half wants to get the Tiger Woods golf game (can we get a discount now that he's tarnished his good name I wonder?), so I thought I'd try to learn how to swing adequately enough to play with him.  I think it'll be a while.

I hope everyone else is getting back into the swing of things (har har).  I learned that most people break their New Year's resolutions within 3 weeks!  I'm really working to not be one of them.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Weight Loss Progress

Week 24: 23 lbs total
Week 23: 23 lbs total
Weeks 1-22 (2009): 23 lbs total

About Me

I'm a software developer by day and an avid computer gamer by night. I'm also a woman rapidly approaching middle-age with diabetes and polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos). I'm embarking on a lowcarb lifestyle in an effort to become healthy and live past middle-age and well into old-age.