Week 5 Results

Posted by Rishara Monday, September 21, 2009

Well, no weight loss this week.  I seem to be in the pattern of one week of loss, one week of nothing, which I suppose I can live with if it remains that way. 

I'm considering starting the Eades' "6 Week Cure" diet just to see if it prods my weight loss along a little better.  Obviously, I have enough weight to lose that it's not going to happen in 6 weeks, but they give advice on how to cycle the diet for longer term weight loss.  I've seen reports from people who had stalled who are now starting to lose again on this diet.  I'm more interested in the liver cleansing aspects that the diet presents, especially if this does prompt the opening of the fat stores, as well as better blood sugar and insulin levels.  Once you get to the maintenance levels of the diet, it's really no different from Atkins.


My blood sugar was a little weird this week, mainly due to the steroids I was on.  The first 2 days of steroid use, the sugars were running a little bit high, then dropped to a more normal rate after that.  My morning numbers have been great all week (110 this morning, by far the best morning number I've ever seen).  I'm not sure why the improvement, but I'll take it.  Hopefully, it remains this way.

I don't have the blood sugar averages for the week.  I'm still not feeling great (still too much tooth pain), so I didn't get my numbers transferred from my meter to my spreadsheet.

I'll try to post a bit more often as I start feeling better.  I definitely have a few more recipes to inflict on everyone!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Weight Loss Progress

Week 24: 23 lbs total
Week 23: 23 lbs total
Weeks 1-22 (2009): 23 lbs total

About Me

I'm a software developer by day and an avid computer gamer by night. I'm also a woman rapidly approaching middle-age with diabetes and polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos). I'm embarking on a lowcarb lifestyle in an effort to become healthy and live past middle-age and well into old-age.